Thursday, November 7, 2013

Final Project Storyboard

My brother and I sit down in the family room and make angry faces at eachother, the camera switching between our faces.

The camera zooms to a wide view that includes us both and I throw a chessboard onto the table with the pieces oddly pre-stuck to it. The pieces are made in illustrator and are digitally inserted.

As we command each piece with gestures, the camera pans down to the pieces and it walks to its new spot, attacking the piece it hits in the move with its little weapon

Each piece will be personified and look like living people with a chess-like essence. For example, pawns have little spears and are sorta scrawny, rooks are bulky and punch/throw other pieces, knights have lances, bishops have canes, queens have large swords, and kings have nothing.

The moves will be choreographed. I'll make a predetermined list of movements and put them together afterwards.

As my brother or I make a movement, the camera will either show us both, show a low shot of the board so that it can see our hands as we gesture, or sit on the shoulder of the opposite player.

As it gets down to the king, he surrenders by waving a white flag. All the winning pieces jump up and down and celebrate, and as the camera returns to a wide shot, I stand up and do a little cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment